Friday, 23 December 2016
Advantages of using a Dyno 2.0 & 3.0
- Measures the Speed of the car.
- Provides variable voltage adjustment from 5 to 19 + Volts to break in your motors.
- Dyno is able to test pickup shoe hangers for maximum electrical conductivity between pickup shoes & hangers, for both T-Jets & inline cars by pushing them backwards.
- Provides the exact load the engine sees while running down the track.
- Enables you to hear if the gears are meshing properly at race voltage (+19 volts) and observe if the tires are running straight or if they are wobbling.
- Able to differentiate the Torque between 2 cars (Using the “VRP VAMP Meter” that reads in milliamps (1-999 Milliamps ) for both T-Jets and inline cars.
- Close-up access to adjust the speed on G+, G3R cars by turning the end bell, and on the T1, T2, T3 and Tyco style cars by adjusting the brush hood screws.
- Able to immediately observe performance change by adjust the timing on G+ & G3R cars
Specific Tips for increasing the speed of the car using the Dyno
- Able to change 1 component at a time to optimize the speed of the car. By doing the following:
- Swap middle gears to observe change in speed (T-Jets)
- Change Crown gears to observe change in speed
- Change Magnets – to observe change in speed
- Chance tire sizes – to observe change of speed
- Clamps – to observe change in speed. (T-Jets)
- Gear Plates – to observe change in speed (T-Jets)
- Swap Motors to choose which works best in a given chassis.
- Change brushes and observe a speed difference.
- Push in on pickup shoes and observe speed change.
- Use the Dyno VAMP Meter while tuning to observe which motor or car draws the least current. (Note: If 2 cars registers the same speed on the dyno, the one drawing the least amount of Current will run faster on the track.